Re: [News] [] Alcatel-Lucent Chooses Linux for Security Device

Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/alcatel-lucent-says-15-billion-not/story.aspx?guid=%7B3B7D3262%2DF68F%2D4BEC%2D94C1%2D5C0A0EEE8021%7D&siteid=yhoof
> http://tinyurl.com/36hu5v

I caught myself wondering if that decision was a political one rather than a
technical one - and then remembered that I have three thin clients running
Windows 2000 Embedded. Still the dog's bollocks for thin client solutions
according to Microsoft.

And then I laughed my arse off. Of course it's a technical decision.

Make of it what you will.
--
Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: Â1700
Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: Â600