[News] [Linux] Sun Acts as Legal Shield for GNU/Linux

Sun's Schwartz Pledges to Use Patents to Protect Red Hat and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| You have to take a look at Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz's blog today.
| He has pledged the company will use its patents to defend Red Hat
| and Ubuntu. That's the headline, and I'm really happy to know that
| Sun's very extensive patent portfolio is available, just in case
| it is ever needed.

The direct link to the blog only alludes to it indirectly.

Related:

Linux foundation prepares for Microsoft's legal action

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=52030