Re: [News] [OSS] Open Source Storage Hits the Headlines Again

  • Subject: Re: [News] [OSS] Open Source Storage Hits the Headlines Again
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:59:07 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:+smXdSUOU2njS3b4huD904RGno0=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Cleversafe takes a slice out of storage
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Cleversafe, for the moment a noncommercial open source project,
>> | began as Gladwin's personal quest to "store his stuff for at
>> | least 50 years." He wasn't satisfied with his options: "Today
>> | you can get very secure, very reliable storage, but it's very
>> | expensive." Looking for an alternative, he ultimately began
>> | work on the Cleversafe Dispersed Storage Project.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070521/tc_infoworld/88663
>
> Sounds like a cross between BitTorrent and Jigdo.
>
> Interesting, I suppose, but I'd be wary of having my personal data
> spread out across the planet, in little chunks.

Nurse! Come quick. Bring Omer's meds.  Omer is in a vicious circle of
kissing Roy's butt and shilling his posts. He is even posting replies
which DONT slag of MS.

--
I cannot see average users bothering with windows machines once they
realise what they can do with a PS3. : Mark Kent, COLA Rottweiler and Optimist.