Re: [News] [Linux] US Government-based Coalition Chooses GNU/Linux for Very Large Project

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 22 May 2007 07:23 \__

>> A Linux computer in every garage?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A U.S. government- and industry-led coalition aiming to equip every car
>> | and roadside in America with wirelessly connected computers has tapped
>> | Linux for a prototype design.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9503669349.html
>
> Expect Microsoft and Intel to come wading in like 800lb gorillas, any
> minute.

Intel will "dump" some cheap $0.01 appliances on the government until the
competition dies from hunger. It turns out that it's similar to the analogy
or wording used by Nick. The guy dedicates years of his life to helping
billions of children (potentially). Will Intel sell a billion laptops and
devour a loss of $200 on each?

This one will become a classic example of monopoly abuse.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S