Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Says It Won't Sue, Wants More Novell-like Deals

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Says It Won't Sue, Wants More Novell-like Deals
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 00:35:29 +0100
  • Leafnode: Version 1.11.5-5u1
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:11:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 20 May 2007 10:33 \__
>
>> On Sat, 19 May 2007 15:25:25 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

>>> With one or two exceptions (known ex-employees) I really can't believe
>>> these Trolls are all directly on Microsoft's payroll, however I do
>>> believe they are financially motivated, one way or another.
>>>
>>> My best guess is that they are dinosaurs, Luddites, dead wood, relics
>>> of a bygone age, who believe they need to preserve the proprietary
>>> world in which they grew up in order to assure their futures. There's
>>> that, and the fact that most of them are probably MS shareholders.
>>>
>>> The world has changed, and keeps changing. We're moving into a more
>>> services oriented marketplace - even Microsoft concurs with that, as
>>> their recent activities have shown.
>>>
>>> The Trolls seem to be motivated by fear. They're suffering from
>>> chronic insecurity. We should pity them.
>>
>> Why? It's *their* choice that they don't want to adapt & learn new
>> skills. It like someone who persists in using old manual machine tools
>> to produce something, instead of learning to use CNC machines to
>> produce items better, faster & cheaper. So, no, I have no sympathy for
>> them.
>
> The trolls?

The wintrolls.
Homer said: "...that they are dinosaurs, Luddites, dead wood, relics of a
bygone age, who believe they need to preserve the proprietary world in
which they grew up in order to assure their futures. There's that, and
the fact that most of them are probably MS shareholders."

They stubbornly cling on to sinking ship, to be sure it's slow, but it
*is* gradually sinking. So if they won't learn new skills, or adapt their
skills to other things, then...... And do they think M$ actually *cares*
about *them*? M$ is too busy fighting all kinds of legal battles,
spreading FUD about the opposition, & playing dirty tricks to bother
about its minions, IMO.

As for shareholders, IMO they have a choice of watching M$ burning their
assets (which they are doing ATM) & *hoping* things improve, or bailing
out now (& Gates & co have been dumping some of *their* shares) & at
least salvaging *something*.

> Or users in general? Many of them haven't a choice, you know. That's
> why something's got to change.

It has.

> It's those who stubbornly defend the choice (or 'choice') that are a
> nuisance.

As Homer said "luddites".