[News] GPLv3 Adoption on Track, Patent Trolls Keep Active

  • Subject: [News] GPLv3 Adoption on Track, Patent Trolls Keep Active
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:08:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GPL Project Watch List for the Week of 11/09/07

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a growth of 50 new projects , which is consistent with past growth of
| approximately 50 projects per week. The LGPL v3 list has also increased,
| bringing the current total to 94 LGPL v3  projects, with 10 new LGPL v3
| projects added to the database over the past week.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2007/11/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of_09.html

Apple fails in attempt to end Burst.com lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| "...The order leaves 22 claims remaining, claims that the court did not find
| as invalid or anticipated. These remaining 22 claims include some significant
| audio and video claims that reach key Apple products including the Mac. Burst
| looks forward to trying its case in court against Apple early next year."
`----

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=19638&pagtype=allchandate

In the video below, Webbink again emphasised something that Peter K refused to
believe when I told him this. Linux could be upgraded to GPLv3 if Sun chooses
that licences. Linus is willing to accept GPLv3 replace what he perceives as a
better licence (GPLv2) under certain circumstances. Maybe.

Recent:

A Quick Guide to GPLv3

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html

Mark Webbink On: GPLv3