Re: [News] Linux (Compiz) Gets Stereovision-ed User Interface

> Introducing the real 3D Compiz!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Although I do not think that people would be wearing funny glasses all day
>| long to work on their PC, possibilities this plugin presents are quite
>| exciting for gamers and everyone wanting to show off the ?real? 3D desktop.
> `----
>
> http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/2007/11/01/introducing-the-real-3d-compiz/
> http://tinyurl.com/2vvqql
>
> Wait until Microsoft nicks the idea and calls it "innovation" while hammering
> journalists for publicity 24/7.

I think that the most important thing which all free software projects
can do now is to keep writing and publishing these ideas as early as
they can, no matter how half-baked, alpha, incomplete or whatever they
might be, because this is what will keep the patent trolls at bay.
Prior-art is critical in this, in order to demonstrate both that the
free software world is where the real innovation is, as well as to
demonstrate that for the Nafta countries and Australia, that Acacia or
Microsoft or Novell do not own this stuff - it's already out there.