[News] KDE 4 Matures and Becomes More Stable

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 Matures and Becomes More Stable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 07:55:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4.0 beta 4 released, extensive end user testing to begin

,----[ Quoe ]
| The KDE project has released the fourth beta of KDE 4.0, and with it a call
| for end-user testing. The project faces a major challenge in getting this
| major release stable and functional enough to meet users' expectations in
| time for release. The reason for this lies not only in the extent of the
| changes made to the underlying platform libraries that we looked at last
| week, but also in the collision of ground-breaking new development and a mass
| user base.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/11/08/kde-4-0-beta-4-released-extensive-end-user-testing-to-begin

Recent build impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey, I built KDE 4 overnight on my new Mandriva system, and while most of the
| pain was just in getting all the various -devel packages installed that I
| required for building, it seems that once those dependencies have been taken
| care of, everything went swimmingly.
`----

http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/10931.html

He's one of the key developers.

Related:

Ok its time to show somthing more..... [of KDE 4]

,----[ Quote ]
| The following images are just my vision of KDE 4 and I have absolute no
| guaranty it will be like this , but has the oxygen style goes its in this
| direction we are working,
`----

http://pinheiro-kde.blogspot.com/2007/09/ok-its-time-to-show-somthing-more.html

Open Anywhere!

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re reading this, you most likely already use Linux and open source
| software. But you’re undoubtedly faced with a common dilemma, one that all
| Linux users dread: Having to sit down at a computer that’s not running Linux,
| and is instead running — go ahead and say it… Windows — and actually have to
| get something done. Maybe it’s a computer at work; maybe it’s a friend’s
| machine — but in any case, it’s a Windows machine, it’s not yours, and it
| doesn’t have the software you know and love, like Firefox, Thunderbird, and
| OpenOffice.org. What are you going to do?
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3925/

Decibel: first real world usage with kcall, but what is about kopete?

,----[ Quote ]
| basysKom announced that their SIP program kcall has been ported to Decibel,
| making it the first real world application actually using Decibel.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/decibel-first-real-world-usage-with-kcall-but-what-is-kopete/

The Road to KDE 4: Job Progress Reimagined

,----[ Quote ]
| What started as a  mocked up KDE 4 Improvement via KDE-Look.org has
| turned into a full-fledged KDE 4 integration project, thanks to
| Rafael Fernandez Lopez.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1169588301/

The Road to KDE 4: SVG Rendering in Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Since KDE 4 development is in full swing with plans for a KDE 4.0
| release sometime later this year, I thought I'd put together a
| weekly piece entitled The Road to KDE 4. The idea is to have a
| short overview of one or two of the features that show progress
| in KDE 4. For my first issue, the goal is to show off some of
| the great SVG work that has taken place so far.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1167723426/

A sneak preview of the expected features in KDE 4.0

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/01/sneek-preview-of-expected-features-in.html