[News] [Rival] Call for Action Against Windows Vista Forcefeeding, Bugs Abound

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Call for Action Against Windows Vista Forcefeeding, Bugs Abound
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 07:13:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Boot Vista - A CALL TO ACTION!

,----[ Quote ]
| HP may offer XP, but it isn't readily apparent...and it can be implied that
| they simply just sell Vista.
|
| This is troubling for a few reasons:
| 1. Hardware manufacturers are openly pushing and selling a defective product.
| They either do not offer an alternative, make the alternative more difficult
| to select, or simply recommend the defective product over the alternative.
| 2. Before "rolling back to XP", many consumers purchased defective versions
| of Windows with machines or from stores or the internet, without any
| alternative.
`----

http://www.booleanlabs.com/Pages/BlogView.aspx?Table_ID=33

Multiple Monitors in Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| So I go into my display settings only to see two of my three monitors
| available. So I mess with trying to get the other driver to load. I play with
| the video settings in the BIOS. No luck. As it turns out, the problem is that
| Vista simplified their display architecture by allowing only one video driver
| to load...
|
| I can definitely see the benefit in simplifying the display driver
| architecture for Vista. Simple = better when you’re talking about source
| code. However, in terms of usability this is definitely a step backwards.
| This only causes pain and configuration issues (and usually expensive new
| cards) for the user.
`----

http://ilikeellipses.com/2007/11/07/multiple-monitors-in-vista/

A step back, again.

Yesterday:

Robert McLaws: Windows Vista Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Defragmentation in Vista is the worst offender of all. It really has
| come full circle from the Windows 95 days.
`----

http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2006/07/13/Windows-Vista-Disk-Defragmenter.aspx

Recent/related:

Dutch Consumer Association declares war on Vista

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/10/13/dutch_consumer_association_declares_war/

Analyst slams Vista's 'backward' UI

,----[ Quote ]
`----