[News] Linux Gets More Drivers

Wi-Fire Wi-Fi Booster Now Available For Windows Vista, Linux on the Way

,----[ Quote ]
| They also noted that a Linux version is well on its way, although no release
| dates have been set.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless/wi+fire-wi+fi-booster-now-available-for-windows-

Will at some point resolve problems like this one...

No Linux or Mac drivers for Skype phones? What are they thinking?

,----[ Quote ]
| As a committed Ubuntu Linux newbie, I've been feeling pretty pleased with my
| new distribution over the past couple of days. However, I've hit a
| telecommunications snag and, judging by the free flow of angst pervading all
| of the Linux forums I've visited, I'm not alone in my disgust.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15233/1023/

Related:

Linux device driver project needs more unsupported devices to work on!

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem is that even though Kroah-Hartman and his developers are willing
| to sign NDAs (nondisclosure agreements) for companies that are reluctant to
| open up their devices to open source, businesses are still hanging
| back. "What we need now is more companies participating in the project,"
| Kroah-Hartman said.
|
| [...]
|
| He also wondered if the problem of Linux device drivers has been
| overstated...

A Vista vs. Linux Matchup

,----[ Quote ]
| Putting aside Apple hardware, where all the software works with
| all the hardware so long as it's all up to the minute, I found
| that MEPIS actually has better hardware support for this PC
| than Vista.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT9325931427.html

Rethinking the driver