[News] Wal-Mart's Linux PCs Ensure They Stay Linux

  • Subject: [News] Wal-Mart's Linux PCs Ensure They Stay Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:00:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux PC vendor to track pirate Windows installations

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex will know if you install a dodgy Microsoft OS
|
| [...]
|
| There, as part of a crackdown on infringing copies of Microsoft
| Windows, "regulatory agencies are checking to see that Linux actually works,"
| he said.
|
| Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth added, "We can't tell the difference between
| an Ubuntu user who installed for themselves or one who used a system from an
| OEM."
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/operating-systems/nix/news/index.cfm?newsid=6001

Related:

Don't Buy Linux From Wal-Mart

,----[ Quote ]
| From a hardware point of view, the gPC is a mini-tower system that comes with
| a Via C7-D low-power x86 clone running at 1.5GHz. Sounds pretty snazzy for
| only $199, doesn't it?
|
| The reality is that you can to do better.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/commentary/article.php/3708946

Wal-Mart Starts Selling Linux PCs for $198

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9807133-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5