[News] More Projects Go GPL

XML data integration for SOA goes open source

| XAware Inc. is going open source today with the fifth generation of its  XML
| data abstraction and federation tools for Web services and service-oriented
| architecture applications.
|
| XAware5 will be marketed in the commercial open source model under the open
| source GPLv2 license at a new community site launching today, said Bill
| Miller, executive chairman of the board for XAware. The company also
| announced a new partnership with MySQL AB, the open source database company.
`----

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid26_gci1280942,00.html

Details On The Open Source Version Of Movable Type

| When Six Apart first announced it would release an open source version of the
| popular blogging tool, Movable Type, it initially indicated that the open
| source variation would lack some of the features in the proprietary version.
| However the company seems to have changed its mind.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/11/details-on-the-.html

Related:

German GPL defender claims legal victory

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source programmer Harald Welte said Thursday he won a civil court
| case in Germany centered on the General Public License (GPL). The license
| governs many open-source projects and permits anyone to use software
| covered by it, but requires that companies incorporating GPL software
| make the underlying source code available.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6113453.html?part=rss&tag=6113453&subj=news

gpl-violations.org project prevails in court case on GPL violation by D-Link

,----[ Quote ]
| D-Link Germany GmbH, a subsidiary of D-Link Corporation, Taiwan R.O.C.,
| distributed DSM-G600, a network attached storage (NAS) device which uses a
| Linux-based Operating System.  However, this distribution was incompliant
| with the GNU General Public License (GPL) which covers the Linux Kernel and
| many other software programs used in the product.
`----

http://gpl-violations.org/news/20060922-dlink-judgement_frankfurt.html

Wallace's Appeal Firmly Rejected - GPL Has Nothing to Fear [pdf]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/WallaceAppealRejected.pdf