[News] PCLOS Has a New Magazine, Community News on Improvements and Unique Development

  • Subject: [News] PCLOS Has a New Magazine, Community News on Improvements and Unique Development
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 07:56:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PCLinuxOS Magazine November 2007 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS Magazine, November 2007 (Issue 15) is available to download. You
| can find it at the new PCLinuxOS Magazine website.
`----

http://pclosmag.com/html/enter.html

PCLinuxOS improving its community

,----[ Quote ]
| We have loads of websites, reviews and blogs about how "radically simple"
| PCLinuxOS is.
`----

http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/11/pclinuxos-improving-its-community.html

The Absent PCLinuxOS Release Cycle

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS has a rolling release cycle. With this type of cycle, updates are
| continuously applied to the software repository so much so that after a bit
| of time, a snapshot of the repository would constitute a new release...say
| 2007.01 or something similar. This has always been the way PCLinuxOS is
| released as many of us that have been with it since the early days can attest
| to.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/231-The-Absent-PCLinuxOS-Release-Cycle.html

Related:

Distros Don’t Drive Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of press and people focus on Linux distributions when they check out
| what happens in Linux land. This and that distro come in new releases and
| they offer this and that brand new feature. This is also true of the many
| linux podcasts. They give credit to distros for new things that pop up.
`----

http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2007/10/28/distros-dont-drive-development/

PCLinuxOS - the new Number One distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS As many of you noticed, PCLinuxOS has overtaken Ubuntu in our Page
| Hit Ranking statistics and is currently occupying the top spot on the default
| 6-month view for the first time.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070917#editorial

Heavenly Hardware Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Printer, camera, scanner--all detected and configured in less than 2 minutes.
| PCLinuxOS has knocked my socks off!
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-09-26-014-26-RV-DT-MD

PCLinuxOS: Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| One notable difference from Mandriva is the program used to install
| extra software. We found this much easier to use and includes useful
| software such as graphics drivers.
|
| Unlike some other distributions, PCLinuxOS can play back
| proprietary multimedia files (including wma, mp3, mpg, rm,
| mov) without having to install extra software. DVD playback
| software is not included but can be installed with the
| standard installation tool.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2191819/pclinuxos-linux-distribution

Review: PcLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| While PcLinuxOS does still have a bit of growing to do, out of all the
| linux distributions out there, I'd easily rate this one as the best in
| every way because of all that it does, how easy it is to use, how ready
| it is to use out of the box, and most especially in the area of
| appeasing both camps, the new user and the experienced user.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=249

PClinuxOS 2007.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]