[News] Phones Replace PCs in India, Linux thw Strong Contender

  • Subject: [News] Phones Replace PCs in India, Linux thw Strong Contender
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 00:55:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PCs step aside… smarter mobiles are coming

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing the examples of the company’s single core solutions for smart phones,
| consumer electronics and automotive entertainment and ARM Mali graphics
| processors, and its collaboration for Linux mobile computing, Mr Keith said
| mobile phone makers are taking to a platform approach which offers
| flexibility to add new features.
`----

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2007/11/05/stories/2007110550450200.htm

Related:

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said.

PCs being pushed aside in Japan

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071104/ap_on_hi_te/bye_bye_pcs