Re: [News] Germany Appears to be Moving to OpenDocument Format, Rejecting Office Files

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 14:54 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 12:05 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It was quite surprising that it had been so easy for Microsoft to
>>> corrupt the governments of Sweden and Germany; these are countries I
>>> would've put nearer the top of the "honesty" table.
>>
>> I think there is /another/ way to look at this. Almost /ALL/ countries were
>> the victim of Microsoft's coordinated manipulation
>> (corruption/fraud/bribery/extortion), but only in countries where there's a
>> sharp eye watching that stuff like a hawk were these things reported
>> (sometimes as anonymous leaks in sites like Groklaw.net, even
>> boycottnovell.com). Detection means that corruption was intercepted. Quiet
>> means not that all was calm and peaceful. In Colombia, for example, almost
>> the entire panel comprised Microsoft employees, but the press /totally/
>> ignored it.
>>
>> Luckily, we've got a lot of that stuff recorded (with people's names even),
>> for good.
>>

> The only way to stop such corruption is to publicly call it.  The
> internet offers a reasonably safe way of doing so.  I would imagine if
> people in Colombia called it, then they'd be getting a "visit".

As far  as Colombia goes, I think it was Pieter and the guys at <NO>OOXML that
called it. Some people on the Net still search the Web to find out what
happened in their country. They get some answers. Sometimes they get list of
names of people in panels... named and shamed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Cpu(s): 28.0%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.1%id,  4.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st