[News] [Rival] Vista Sells 3 Times Worse Than Windows 98?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Sells 3 Times Worse Than Windows 98?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 04:16:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista: the Worst Windows Ever?

Vista: The First 6 Months

,----[ Quote ]
| Launch Week Sales Boxed Retail Version
| 1.    Windows 98      400,000 copies
| 2.    Windows XP      300,000 copies
| 3.    Windows 2000    200,000 copies
| 4.    Windows Vista   125,000 copies
|
| Sales of the Vista stand-alone unit are only 60% of what the sales of XP were
| in its first six months. That's not conjecture it's fact. That drop is
| reflected in individual units and in a corresponding drop in revenue.
`----

No amount of money and bought PR can brush off the disaster that was Vista.

Related:

Over A Year Later And Windows Vista Is Still Not Worth It

,----[ Quote ]
| So there you go, reasons enough to look elsewhere for your next desktop OS
| and if there was one aspect to the entire desktop OS market that really
| grabbed my attention over the last year it would have to be just how much
| better the alternatives to Windows have become. Both OSX and Ubuntu in
| particular have grow from something I would have only recommended to fellow
| gurus to full-fledged alternatives that in some cases even provide a
| significantly better experience for the desktop user than Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/2007/11/01/over-a-year-later-and-windows-vista-is-still-not-worth-it/

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]