[News] Codec Management in Fedora Made very Easy, Fedora 8 Reaches RC3

  • Subject: [News] Codec Management in Fedora Made very Easy, Fedora 8 Reaches RC3
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:22:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora 8 - Codec Buddy

,----[ Quote ]
| The screenshots below show graphically the steps involved in installing the
| MP3 codec pack.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/CodecBuddy

[RC3 Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora Project Bittorrent Tracker
`----

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Related:

What's New in Fedora 8?

,----[ Quote ]
| Spins are Fedora Live CDs that are created to serve a certain number of
| people. It does so by having the applications that those people would need,
| in other words, it saves them the time to install these software.
|
| There are three new spins shipped with Fedora 8: Games; Developer; and
| Electronic Lab.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/ReleaseSummary/

Fedora 8 renews tradition of innovations

,----[ Quote ]
| This release makes it obvious that the Fedora community prides itself on
| innovation.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119998

PulseAudio to bring earcandy to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio provides the infrastructure needed to bring a next-generation
| audio experience to the Linux desktop.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/10/17/pulseaudio-to-bring-earcandy-to-linux

Pulse Audio [to ship with Feodra 8]

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio is a next generation sound server for Linux, making all sorts
| of "ear-candy" possible: from dynamically changing the volume of individual
| applications to hot-plugging support for many different devices. Fedora 8 is
| going to be the first distribution to ship and enable PulseAudio by default
| and with this in mind we talked to LennartPoettering who is the upstream and
| Fedora developer of PulseAudio and Avahi about the work he has put in to
| this.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/LennartPoettering

Fedora 8 Test 3 [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| There's still a month until the final release of Fedora 8, but Fedora 8 Test
| 3 is now available, which has a wealth of a new features. Among these new
| features is an Online Desktop powered via BigBoard, KDE 3.5.7 can be found on
| the KDE Live images, improved Live installations, improved yum performance
| for package management, IcedTea is now installed by default, CodecBuddy has
| been included for handling codecs, and improved power management.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=868&num=1

Fedora 8 Test 3 - Visual impressions

,----[ Quote ]