Re: [News] One Laptop Per Child Gets the Attention of Church Officials

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Tech support: Some church officials keen about One Laptop Per Child
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "There are 50 million students in the Catholic Church's school systems,"
> | which include children in some very poor parts of the world, he told
> | Catholic News Service Oct. 29.
> `----
>
> http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0706186.htm

Thanks for this link.  The Jesuits have a reputation as free-thinkers, to
the point where they historically have frequently run afoul of the
hierarchy.  They are also dedicated to education.  Seems some know a good
thing when they see one.

--
This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department