[News] gOS Linux OS (Google's? For the Desktop?) Available for Download

  • Subject: [News] gOS Linux OS (Google's? For the Desktop?) Available for Download
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 12:06:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
gOS-live 1.0 386

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on Ubuntu 7.10 Linux system with an Enlightenment E17 interface, the
| PC's productivity will be almost solely derived from Google applications
| accessed through Firefox: Mail, Calendar, News, Maps and Documents &
| Spreadsheets. It also comes with OpenOffice.org 2.2 and some other freeware
| Linux favorates.
`----

http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=4822

http://www.thinkgos.com/downloads.html

Related:

[Google Joins OIN]

,----[ Quote ]
| You'll often hear members of our open source team say, "Every
| time you use Google, you're using Linux." It's absolutely true. Check
| a Google engineer's workstation, and you'll probably find it's running
| Linux. Do a search on Google.com, and a Linux server will return your
| results. Ever since Google got its start, Linux has given us the power
| and flexibility we need to serve millions of users around the world.
|
| In turn, we feel a strong responsibility to the Linux community, and
| we're always looking for creative ways to put our resources in the
| hands of Linux developers. That's why today we became a licensee of
| the Open Invention Network (OIN), an innovative patent-sharing
| organization founded to create a legally protected environment for
| anyone who works with Linux.
|
| The concept behind OIN is simple. All OIN licensees, including
| participants such as IBM, Oracle, NEC and Sony, agree to cross-license
| their Linux-related patents to the others free of charge. Patent
| issues therefore become a much smaller concern inside the community,
| and OIN members can focus their energy on writing and releasing
| software rather than vetting their code for intellectual property
| issues. It's the legal equivalent of taking a long, deep breath.
`----

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/joining-oin.html

Wal-Mart Starts Selling Linux PCs for $198

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9807133-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5