Re: Once again. Why do we want windows users?

____/ keersarge on Friday 02 November 2007 04:38 : \____

> So what advantages do these millions of technology deficient users bring
> to the Linux community?

In case you have not noticed, a certain large company wants to make it
impossible for us to use the Internet, the key applications, and many other
things. Its tools for achieving this goal are many and they include a hijack
of the World Wide Web and the server room. It's done through exclusion.

Another thing that large company tries to do is ensure you can no longer get
Linux for free.

There are many other reasons to list here, but that escapes the main point.

The tools for fighing the big company is ensuring that our presence is seen by
Webmasters and developers. This way, we'll be treated as though we're a
component that can never be ignored. The insiders in the BBC, for example, are
already talking on behalf on a big company, which they used to work for. They
spit out bogus figures that strive to imply that Linux users do not exist. I
saw this in the news 2 days ago.

To sum up, Linux users must be vocal in order for Linux to grow. Quiet
existence leaves you behind.

Ribbon-type shortcuts in Palm handhelds leads to SMS talk. We must we
abbreviate?
 06:05:01 up 2 days, 10:16,  3 users,  load average: 1.35, 0.87, 1.33