Re: [News] New Video of a Linux-only Shop in the US

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 20 November 2007 18:52 : \____

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKa6PNh573Y
>
> Wrong link?
>
> That one seems to be a bloke who's not too thrilled about IE7.
>
> Try this instead:
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JGraniegYwE
>
> Although they seem to be promoting The Monkey Club distros, "You don't
> want to have a computer degree just to write a letter"???
>
> I wonder what he thinks that (in this case) Linspire provides by way of
> word processing; that Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, or any of the other 300
> or so distros don't?
>
> Still, it's great that Linux is making it on the American High Street,
> albeit in a rather less-than-Free form.

It seems to be extracted from the Digital Tipping Point footage. Linspire used
to be a little more decent before that cock who ran the company (later ran
away) spread GPL FUD and signed a deal with Al Capone.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
Mem:    515500k total,   444396k used,    71104k free,     2916k buffers