Re: [News] Service Director Ditches Windows Vista for GNU/Linux, Vista is a Trainwreck

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:37:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Why I've replaced Vista with Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| This decision was a long time coming but I think it is the right thing to do
>| right now: I have reformatted the hard drive on my laptop and replaced Vista
>| with the latest version of Ubuntu Linux as the main operating system. I did
>| this for a number of reasons: it's probably worth going through them one by
>| one.
> `----
>
> http://www.it-analysis.com/blogs/Total_Immersion/2007/11/why_i_ve_replaced_vista_with_linux.html

Of course he probably won't be so happy when finds out that Ubuntu has
destroyed his Laptop hard disk.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/59695

Of course, the bug is almost 3 months old, and they haven't even issued a
temporary patch (though there is a workaround).  Anyone that is unaware of
this problem will just be killing their hard drive becaus Ubuntu hasn't
taken the intiative to issue a patch to disable laptop mode until a
permanent solution is available.