[News] VIA and FIC to Offer Linux Laptop

  • Subject: [News] VIA and FIC to Offer Linux Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:44:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
VIA and FIC to keep up with price of EeePC

,----[ Quote ]
| The CE260 called NanoBook, which was developed by VIA in co-operation with
| VIA fellow affiliate FIC, is planned to be marketed in the U.S. by FIC
| subsidiary Everex from 2008. According to Taiwanese online service DigiTimes,
| FIC estimates that 50.000 to 60.000 CE260s will be sold via OEMs in the first
| quarter of 2008. DigiTimes states a price of less than 450 US dollars for the
| Windows XP version; a Linux version could be even cheaper.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/99208/from/rss09

Related:

What I want for christmas (The cool new trend on preloaded Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| So, if the jolly trespasser brings me what I ordered, I will find the
| following:
|
|     * Asus eee: A cheap subnotebook with Linux and KDE preloaded.
|     * Everex gPC: A cheap Desktop with Linux and Enlightenment(!?) preloaded.
|     * Phoenix PC 3.0 BIOS: an embedded hypervisor and Linux OS.
`----

http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/2007/11/16.html#BB651

UMPC expected to spawn family of devices

,----[ Quote ]