[News] Small and Large Shops Sell GNU/Linux PCs, Demand is High

  • Subject: [News] Small and Large Shops Sell GNU/Linux PCs, Demand is High
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:33:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Portrait: ZaReason founder Cathy Malmrose

,----[ Quote ]
| Rather than choose her current career, it almost seems as if Cathy Malmrose's
| career chose her. Malmrose is CEO of ZaReason, an OEM that manufactures and
| sells desktop and notebook systems with Ubuntu, where she deals with
| everything from talking with the US Department of Commerce concerning export
| issues to inspecting the hardware for quality assurance purposes.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121373

Linux Blog Safari: Android SDK, the Sellout of Wal-Mart's $200 PC

,----[ Quote ]
| "The manager at a local Wal-Mart said he had 80 to go on sale at 8:00 a.m.,
| and they were all sold at 8:01," noted Anonymous Coward on Slashdot, where
| more than 600 comments were posted on the topic. "People began lining up at 6
| in the morning, and they gave slips to the first 80 in line. I went in at 5
| p.m. and people were still trying to buy them."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/60365.html

Yesterday:

Rice Technology Solutions to Distribute Ubuntu Based Linux Exclusively

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu was selected in large part because of the company's technical savvy
| and business acumen. The partnership will provide Canonical Ltd a local point
| of presence on the sales side, as well as hardware and software installation,
| service and support.
`----

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/26394/

Related:

Tesco, Every little helps...

,----[ Quote ]
| Tesco are selling computers with Ubuntu pre-installed.
`----

http://daviey.mooo.com/uncategorized/tesco-every-little-helps.html

Shuttle LinuXPCs with SUSE Linux Operating System is available immediately in
the UK

,----[ Quote ]
| Shuttle Inc., the market leader in the Mini-PC sector and manufacturer of
| Multi-Form-Factor solutions, is now also selling its Mini-PCs with the Linux
| Operating System in the UK.
`----

http://www.openpr.com/news/32466/Shuttle-LinuXPCs-with-SUSE-Linux-Operating-System-is-available-immediately-in-the-UK.html

The wide world of pre-installed Ubuntu