Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows is Getting 'Fragmented'

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:24:29 +0000
<du5515-ub9.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> In a way, Windows is more open than Linux is.
>
> Open to attack, certainly.

Well, yes.  Of course it would have been very nice had
Microsoft released the specs for their undocumented
APIs that they were prone to using in their products --
preferably *before* they used them therein, so that others
had a fighting chance.

But never mind -- Linux doesn't have that particular problem,
though the docs are a bit sketchy in spots -- take a look
at GTK's widget set docs, for example.

(Fortunately, glade can still reference them.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
New Technology?  Not There.  No Thanks.