[News] New Review of a Rising Star -- Paldo GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] New Review of a Rising Star -- Paldo GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:39:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Paldo GNU/Linux 1.2: Yet Another Generic Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| If you've never heard of Paldo, you need to check DistroWatch more. This
| completely new hybrid distribution (source *and* binary backage management)
| has started to get some major attention, and one site even went so far as to
| call it "this year's Sabayon".
`----

http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/11/paldo-gnulinux-12-yet-another-generic.html

Related:

Paldo 1.12 - From Switzerland comes a new flavor of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I am honestly pleased to give this package a 4 Pennie review. The
| installation was a pure joy, and running the desktop in live and native modes
| was also very rewarding.
`----

http://knolinux.com/2007/11/12/paldo.aspx

Interview with a Linux Titan

,----[ Quote ]
| My interview with Jurg Billeter, or juergbi on IRC, took place on a cold
| November morning, the day before the release of Paldo 1.12. If you have not
| heard of Paldo, you are missing out on one of the most intuitive "just work"
| distros out there. It's stable, fast, comes in x86 and x86_64 flavours, uses
| it's own package manager called upkg and can be used as a live CD or
| installed onto your HD.
`----

http://www.linuxtitans.com/site/interview

paldo 1.12 released5 Nov 2007