Re: Watch a Microsoft Paid-for Apologist in Action

  • Subject: Re: Watch a Microsoft Paid-for Apologist in Action
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:51:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> http://www.stylusstudio.com/xmldev/200709/post40020.html
>
> Tim Bray:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Rick, I can't believe that you're pushing back on the central news
> | story here; this is the most corrupt and politicized standards
> | process I've seen in the two decades or so I've been mixed up with
> | standards. It's a real, legitimate, big, news story.
> `----
>
> Now watch Rick's reply.

This is amazing:

"Come on Tim, give us an example of actual inducements being offered
(i.e. and not withdrawn as soon as the mistake was discovered)"

Translation: "It's OK to bribe people, as long as you don't get caught"

It's hilarious how he keeps referring to bribery as a "mistake".

As in: Oops, I accidentally seem to have slipped 20 quid into your
       pocket. Sorry about that. I can take it out again, if you like.

"As soon as the mistake was discovered" ... yeah, right. As soon as
Microsoft's corruption hit the news headlines, more like. Wow, this guy
is a true believer.

> Who is Rick? He calls himself "independent", but Microsoft silently
> paid him to edit Wikipedia in Microsoft's favour. Microsoft also
> flies him around the world.
>
> It is absolutely fascinating how Microsoft buys itself shills and
> apologists. That _IN ITSELF_ is first-class corruption (never mind
> the OOXML corruption at hand.

What I find so disappointing, is that there are people so eager to
prostitute themselves to evil bastards like Microsoft to begin with.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 09:49:15 up 6 days,  6:42,  2 users,  load average: 1.50, 1.48, 1.64