Re: Acacia patents pre-compiling and linking ..

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, HangEveryRepubliKKKan
> <Justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Fri, 16 Nov 2007
> 15:07:42 -0800 <NAI_i.14203$xa2.1044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> The faster the AmeriKKKan state is exterminated, the better
>> the world will be.
>
> But that would also exterminate Microsoft Windows Vista. I for
> one do not care for "government by pepper-pots".

But you're forgetting that he is not a Windows fan, he just hates
America (and Bush in particular). His postings here are merely an
excuse to stand on a soapbox and vent political vitriol. The real
irony is, when it comes to Bush, he is probably just preaching to
the converted.

>From research, it appears that he hates Windows almost as much as
he hates Linux, and since I can find no evidence of him promoting
other operating systems, I must conclude that he simply hates all
computers; period. This then begs the question: Why does he spend
so much time using them?

I find it extremely odd that someone so vehemently opposed to the
kind of corporate control exerted by companies like Microsoft, is
motivated to come to COLA of all places, and attack its advocates
with Microsoft propaganda. It's clear that his main motivation is
politics, and yet he chooses to attack the one thing in computing
that most closely encompasses his own political ideologies, using
comparisons to the one company (and its products) that he has, up
to now, been most critical of.

Bizarre.

I can understand his anger at political injustice, indeed this is
a thread connected to that very topic (software patents), and I'm
not exactly immune to venting my own frustration on such matters,
or even more general political matters like Bush's administration
and republican ideology, but our anti-republican chum is shooting
up the wrong tree. We're not the enemy - he'd do well to turn his
attention towards right-wing extremists like DooFy, Ray Lopez and
Alexander Terekhov ... and preferably do so somewhere else.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 07:17:01 up 6 days,  4:10,  2 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.65, 0.62