[News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

  • Subject: [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 04:35:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
XMMS 1.2.11 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| 1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to release 1.2.11?
| Download source
`----

http://www.xmms.org/

Related:

Review: Amarok Live CD 1.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok is a fairly new, but well known music management and playback program
| designed to help you organize and listen to all of your music in a simple,
| yet powerful interface full of nearly every tool you will need.  But few
| people outside of the Linux community know of this program.  It's very likely
| that if you're a fan of Amarok, you've wanted many times to show your friends
| and colleagues the benefits and joys of this impressive and wonderful
| program.  Well, now you can.  Thus I introduce you to the Amarok Live CD.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=320

Playing with the Playlist

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many things that do not work really well yet, such as correctly
| updating groups when items are moved or deleted, but I will work on that.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/501-Playing-with-the-Playlist.html

AmaroK Blog - Weekly status update II

,----[ Quote ]
| As promised, here is once again a small update of what I have been spending
| the last week of Amarok hacking doing.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/493-Weekly-status-update-II.html

Get your groove on with Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
| no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
| and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
| gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
| to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
| room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128636-page,4-c,linux/article.html

[Amarok and KDE News - Plasma]

,----[ Quote ]