[News] [Rival] Lots of Bribery (at least 77 Briberies) in a So-called "Microsoft House" (Siemens)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Lots of Bribery (at least 77 Briberies) in a So-called "Microsoft House" (Siemens)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:23:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Siemens stained by multimillion bribery scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| Hacks there have seen a ruling by a German court which named telco ministers
| in these countries as the lucky recipients of 77 bribes worth an estimated 12
| million Euro.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/16/siemens-shelled-millions

Siemens is said to be a 'Microsoft house' and it was caught doing some funny
business with the MSBBC as well. Examples below.

Related:

MPs rap BBC over Siemens deal

,----[ Quote ]
| But public spending watchdog the PAC said BBC executives misled the board
| of governors about possible savings while trying to convince them to give
| the deal the go-ahead.
|
| The committee of MPs found £60m of costs was excluded when budgets were
| put to the governors for approval.
|
| [...]
|
| The PAC said the BBC was failing to manage the contract properly.
|
| [...]
|
| The report suggests the BBC should open up its accounts to government
| officials for proper scrutiny.
`----           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/29/pac_bbc_siemens/

BMW and Siemens Welcome Interoperability Benefits of Microsoft-Novell Agreement
        ^^^^^^^

,----[ Quote ]
| For Siemens, the agreement will support the Siemens operating company through
| the work of the ISEC subsidiary of Siemens Enterprise Communications, which
| is responsible for customer software application development and management
| worldwide. Due to the large quantity of current and legacy Linux
| applications in customer environments, Siemens has significant need for
| Windows and Linux platform compatibility.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQTU06711092007-1.htm

Bribery scandal: Siemens fined 201 million euros

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all payments of about 450 million euros in the Com division had been
| classified as non-tax-deductible, Siemens declared.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/96999/from/rss09

BBC Corrupted

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the BBC made it official -- they have been corrupted by Microsoft. With
| today's launch of the iPlayer, the BBC Trust has failed in its most basic of
| duties and handed over to Microsoft sole control of the on-line distribution
| of BBC programming. From today, you will need to own a Microsoft operating
| system to view BBC programming on the web. This is akin to saying you must
| own a Sony TV set to watch BBC TV. And you must accept the Digital
| Restrictions Management (DRM) that the iPlayer imposes. You simply cannot be
| allowed to be in control of your computer according to the BBC.
`----

http://defectivebydesign.org/blog/BBCcorrupted

BBC iPlayer Protests

,----[ Quote ]
| Who are the people responsible for creating this mess?
|
|     * Mark Thompson, BBC director general (DG)
|     * Erik Huggers, group controller at BBC Future Media & Technology
|     * Ashley Highfield, director of new media and technology
|
| Right now, there is very considerable concern within the BBC that the actions
| of the Director General and his team are sending the corporation in the wrong
| direction. The BBC has been embroiled in a number of recent controversies,
| all linked back to the DG's leadership.
`----

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/iPlayerProtest

Samsung bribery scandal embroils politicians

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/13/samsung-bribery-scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, they act as if they
| don't even buy their own FUD. If they really believed that Windows was
| superior to Linux, they wouldn't have to bribe people with “marketing help”
| to get them to choose Windows.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-11-09-030-26-OP-MD-MS

Ecuador Tax Agency Closes Microsoft Branch Offices For 7 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have twice requested balances, payment reports and complete tax
| information, but the company hasn't given it to us, so in accordance with our
| laws we have proceeded with the closure," the SRI official in charge of the
| proceeding said.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200710041610DOWJONESDJONLINE000810_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
| "Such behavior could lead to the exclusion of competitive products from
| the market and violate European Union rules, according to the authority
| known as the GVH."
`----

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3957835.html

Evidence of Microsoft Influencing OOXML Votes in Nordic States

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is how a standard is bought," Bosson wrote later. "I left the meeting
| in protest - pissed off."
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Evidence_of_Microsoft_Influencing_OOXML_Votes_in_Nordic_States/1188335569

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| MarketWatch.com reports that Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's
| Entertainment and Devices division, sold $6.2 million of Microsoft
| stock just prior to announcing that Microsoft was going to have to
| extend XBox 360 warranties to three years because of extensive
| failures. The filings note that this was not part of any
| scheduled diversification or selling program; this was a
| conscious, unscheduled sale by the guy in charge of releasing
| news that could affect the value of Microsoft stock.
|
| [...]
|
| Insider trading is a very serious violation of the law; just
| ask Martha Stewart, who served five months in prison for
| avoiding losses of $43,000 through trades that just had suspicious
| timing (no insider trading was actually proven). This is $6.3
| million that went straight into Robbie Bach's pocket.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft exec dumped stock prior to Red Ring announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| To make matters more murky, the sales were not registered with the Securities
| and Exchange Commission within the mandatory two days of the transaction, a
| result of an alleged "administrative error." Microsoft has since remedied the
| issue by following the "procedures required of late-filers."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/08/14/microsoft-exec-dumped-stocks-prior-to-red-ring-addresment

Microsoft's Bach sold more stock before Xbox news

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. executive Robbie Bach sold $3 million more in company stock
| during the period leading up to an announcement about a costly flaw in its
| Xbox video game console than previously reported, according to a filing
| Monday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsofts-bach-sold-additional-stock/story.aspx?guid=%7BBECA3A50-EF33-4161-A111-A43BDC8B0462%7D&siteid=yhoof

Crysis DX10 Fraud Exposed - DX9 to DX10 Patch

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://haleyshothouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5159