[News] $200 Linux PC Impresses, Bright Look Ahead

  • Subject: [News] $200 Linux PC Impresses, Bright Look Ahead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:10:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
$200 gOS GNU/Linux PC - checkout what's inside

,----[ Quote ]
| By providing the lower-end PC user with a highly functional, relatively
| powerful, and revolutionary freedom (in ideal) personal computer, Everex has
| set a new competitive standard for systems manufacturers to embrace
| everywhere.
`----

http://healthysystem.blogspot.com/2007/11/200-gos-gnulinux-photo-review.html

All web-oriented (Google). Google's Linux phone(s stack) will be very
disruptive as well, for reasons listed below (with highlight).

Related:

The Man Behind the Google Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| “The thing that gets me going is touching a large number of people — if
| there’s 3.1 billion phones out there, it’s a great way to touch people,” he
| says. “I want to find something that delights people so they use it, and they
| use it for the merits of it being it.”
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/technology/04google.html?_r=2&ei=5088&en=f05a55321435d1e9&ex=1351828800&oref=slogin&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

PCs being pushed aside in Japan