[News] Good Reviews of Two Major Linux Distributions (Fedora and OpenSUSE)

  • Subject: [News] Good Reviews of Two Major Linux Distributions (Fedora and OpenSUSE)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:47:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
My Fedora 8 Diary

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 had improved amazingly and boosted far with other nice linux distros
| around and again.
|
| I need not to test and examine all the other features and improvements with
| these hundred Fedora 8 packages and thousand binaries as to conclude a Fedora
| 8 diary as a whole.
|
| Fedora 8 is enough to start and end my daily computer activities. So far, I
| am staying with Fedora 8 for good.
|
| I love it, Fedora rocks!
`----

http://vertito.blogspot.com/2007/11/my-fedora-8-diary_16.html

Product Review: openSUSE 10.3

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, openSUSE 10.3 is highly recommended and is among the best distros
| released this year!
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/462949_p.htm

Related:

Fedora 8 Everything Spin Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of a new Everything
| Spin based on Fedora 8.
|
| The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new spin, the
| Everything Spin. Included in this spin are all the packages available at the
| time Fedora 8 was released.
`----

http://fedoraunity.org/news-archives/fedora-8-everything-spin-released

Fedora 8 Test Drive

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m very happy with this Fedora release and the new Gnome is very promising
| and it’s extremely easy to use without separating the user from going deep
| into the system if he likes to. It has multiple “spins” (flavors) and you can
| create your own custom spin with a nice tool. for me it’s very stable till
| now and it has solved my DVD burner I/O problems completely and it saved
| power “GREATLY”. it stays running on my 12-Cell battery for 5:30 hours!
| Thanks for “powertop” from Intel for its utility and great thanks for the
| tickless kernel.
`----

http://www.ahmedsoliman.com/2007/11/15/fedora-8-test-drive/

Fedora 8 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| A new release of Redhat-sponsored Fedora is always in the headlines of the
| Linux world as it is one of those distributions that push Linux forward by
| introducing exciting new features.
`----

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/224/104/

Fedora 8 Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| I have just installed fedora 8. The first impression is that it is slightly
| faster than fedora 7. The artwork has changed and it has a new theme, now it
| is more visually appealing.
`----

http://codeassembly.com/Fedora-8-Impressions/

A peek at Red Hat's Fedora 8 Linux [Screenshots tour]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/2300-1016_3-6217482-1.html