[News] Eee PC Hacker-friendly (no Need for Xandros)

  • Subject: [News] Eee PC Hacker-friendly (no Need for Xandros)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:38:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Asus Eee PC 4G sub-sub-notebook

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux buffs and geeks will love its sheer hackability. For two hundred quid,
| it's a perfect impulse buy for folk who love messing around with operating
| systems.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/11/16/review_asus_eee_pc/

Someone has already installed OS X, Ubuntu, and even Vista (proof of concept
only) on it.

Related:

Ubuntu 7.10 Gibbon swings on the Asus Eee

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gibbonfest continues. We've just had an Asus Eee in to look at - the £220
| laptop that everyone who's seen it is going to buy. It's one of the hottest
| things in the office this year: the combination of the insanely low price
| tag, the perfectly functional specification (512MB RAM, 4GB internal flash
| SSD, wi-fi, real keyboard, VGA display) and its extreme portability makes it
| an instant hit.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10006278o-2000331777b,00.htm

The Eee PC online Test Drive