[News] Releases: New Version of PC-BSD, Zenwalk, Ubuntu Guest, and GNU X-Tools

  • Subject: [News] Releases: New Version of PC-BSD, Zenwalk, Ubuntu Guest, and GNU X-Tools
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:20:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PC-BSD 1.4.1 Available

,----[ Quote ]
| A update to PC-BSD has been released today, version 1.4.1. This new version
| may be obtained from our download page , additionally users who are running
| version 1.4 may download a patch to upgrade.
`----

http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/28/11/

Zenwalk Live 4.8 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| With great joy the Zenwalk Live Team presents Zenwalk Live 4.8. This new
| release features the speed, stability and usability of Zenwalk Gnu/Linux with
| several new features geared towards Linux Live CD users. From the beginning
| our goal was to make this the best Live CD ever and it makes us proud to
| offer it to the world.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=67

Ubuntu releases JeOS 7.10

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu team yesterday announced the first release of Ubuntu JeOS.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1889

Microcross Releases GNU X-Tools™ v4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Microcross released GNU X-Tools™ v4.2 professional embedded development tools
| for seven (7) microprocessor families: ARM, Blackfin, M68K/ColdFire, MIPS,
| PowerPC, SuperH, and XScale.  GNU X-Tools™,
`----

http://www.microcross.com/html/press-71105.html

How many operating systems have Apple and Microsoft released today? For how
many different architectures?

Related:

Joint releases to jolt open source: Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=945594977&rid=-50