Re: Microsoft pops up at the SCO bankruptcy trial ..

____/ [H]omer on Friday 16 November 2007 14:44 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Doug Mentohl spake thusly:
>
>> "I guess filing as MSLI instead of Microsoft Licensing is like
>> putting on sunglasses, hoping no one will notice you"
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071115212848719
>>
>> It's odd that people would come forward and offer to buy up their
>> 'Unix' business and offer to further finance their Linix litigation
>> case especially as the recent ruling has mostly voided SCOs case that
>> they own Linux.
>
> The Vole probably wants to make sure it has representation on site, for
> those moments when embarrassing paperwork appears with its name on it,
> and also to salvage the broken arrow for possible redeployment.

I went to take a nap, so I didn't get to post this... here's the text I was
going to use:

Billy's Daddy Comes to SCO Case, Wants Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Now it's getting interesting. Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates' father's law
| firm, known as the firm that represents Microsoft, has just filed a Notice of
| Entry of Appearance and Demand for Notices and Papers [PDF] in the SCO
| bankruptcy on behalf of MSLI...
|
| I guess filing as MSLI instead of Microsoft Licensing is like putting on
| sunglasses, hoping no one will notice you.

So little Billy still calls mom and dad for help.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
Swap:  1510068k total,   134096k used,  1375972k free,    77048k cached