Re: Acacia patents pre-compilation and linking

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 14 November 2007 00:18 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx belched out this bit
> o' wisdom:
>
>> <Quote>
>> The patented technology generally relates to software object pre-
>> compilation and linking in software compilers. The technology may be
>> used in the development of application software such as operating
>> systems, business software, video games, Internet commerce, and
>> enterprise software.
>> </Quote>
>>
>> http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/812103/
>
> This means nothing.  I mean that the note at that site doesn't convey
> what they have.
>
> If it is simple compilation and linking, I think there about 40 years of
> prior art there.

Go ahead and prove it. Got a million dollar to spare on lawyers on a trial?
Therein lies the issue with the USPTO. Once a junk patent is granted, it take
a HUGE amount of effort to rubbish it. The question remains: can the
US 'infect' other countries with its laws? Can enough politicians be bribed
into it? The USPTO (and American innovation) will die because of this. The
bigger question to ask if whether other countries will be taken down _along_
with the US, in which case we're entering a scientific dark age where lawyers
replace scientists.

Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
Cpu(s): 26.2%us,  4.3%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.1%id,  4.0%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st