Re: Old laptop == Multi-track Linux audio

On Nov 13, 5:18 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Tuesday 13 November 2007 21:40 : \____
>

> > Linonut wrote:
>
> >>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9892
>
> >>    After plugging this interface [RME Hammerfall HDSP Multiface 2
> >>    CardBus interface] in to my laptop and configuring it
> >>    properly, I have a multitrack hard disk recorder that can
> >>    simultaneously record 24 tracks at a maximum sample rate of 96KHz,
> >>    well above the maximum available sample rate on far more expensive
> >>    commercial HDRs, with more available input tracks.
>
> >> With a real-time kernel distro and Ardour, of course.
>
> > Now wait for flatfish to explain this is impossible
> > Or way better in windows
>
> It won't be "flatfish[+++]" though (on too many killfiles already) and it's
> likely to be crossposted all over the place.

Get lost you bumbling idiot.
You know absolutely nothing about this subject. I'm amazed you haven't
figured out how to blame Bill Gates or the east coast reef mussels for
Linux's lack of improvement in this area.

While you SPAM all day long, draining your parents and the UK
taxpayers bank accounts, others are out there actually using programs
to perform WORK. I know W-O-R-K is the dirtiest 4 letter word in the
realm of a commercial student, you, however at some point in your
miserable life, Roy Schestowitz, you will have to get a job.
While you might be able to milk another 10 years in school from your
parents, you will have to at some point *work*.
When that time comes, you will see the difference between hiding,
*advocating* and SPAMMING and real life.

IOW it's great to sit behind a keyboard telling people Linux DAWs are
great.
It's a totally different thing to try and use one in a professional
setting.

The same can be said about a slew of Linux applications.

Fee software, freedom in general is fine as well but it all boils down
to how good is the application and if it sucks, people don't care if
it's free.

Maybe that's why Linux desktop useage is so miserable.

Think about it.
Don't worry your brain cycles are free.
Your parents will like that.
Trust me.