Re: [Roy Schestowitz lying is bordering on pathalogical] Foul Play at Microsoft's Sister (Departement of Justice))

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:49:16 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>> And anyway, why the hell is Microsoft proposing the law change?  I'd
>> have thought voting system law is there to serve the interests of the
>> voters, not the manufacturers of voting systems.
>
> They're proposing the change because they believe that they shouldn't
> have to be forced to submit to examination of their code just because
> somebody chooses their software to make a voting machine.

The point is moot. If Microsoft is unwilling to release the source code
for their software for examination in a ballot system, then that ballot
system should be rejected by the ministry that approves that system for
use in public votes.

The thing is, Microsoft sees this a definite threat so they need the law
changed so that their software can be used as a base for public voting
system without any sort of code auditing by the state.