Re: [News] [Rival] DirectX 10 and Vista Still as Slow as Hell in Benchmarks

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

"Roy Schestowitz Still Lying Like Hell On Cola"

>> difficult--sometimes impossible--to detect significant differences
>> in how the games look or perform.
>
> http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9750536-1.html

Good self-nuke there, lying spammer.  You didn't read your cites, or you
would have left this one out.

> Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

WINE is Not Ever reaching version 1.0.  WINE is Not Ever suitable for
general use.

>> Want to upgrade you XP to Vista? no chance. might as well do a fresh
>> install and shell out $300.
>
> http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/does-wine-linux-support-more-apps-than-vista/

Linux users sure are cheap when saying how much Linux costs, but they sure
do get free with their money when saying how much Windows costs.

Home Premium OEM: $112
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116202
Ultimate OEM: $180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116213

> Windows Vista and casual games: the woe starts now

Casual games?  That's a Linux thang.  Get used to it - for the next 50
years.

>> even standing idle, my CPU usage is pegged at 100% and 60% of my RAM
>> is used.
>
> http://www.philoking.com/2007/01/28/world-of-warcraft-poor-frame-rates-on-windows-vista/
> http://tinyurl.com/yqsvwq

"100% memory and CPU usage" from 64-bit Linux on 1gb
RAM system http://forums.slamd64.com/viewtopic.php?t=1075)

<snip mediocre Vista/gaming reviews>