Re: [News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 12 November 2007 12:32 : \____

>> Novell Closes Five EMEA Offices
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Novell is closing down its direct sales offices in Israel, Belgium,
>>| Luxembourg, Norway and Turkey
>> `----
>>
>> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/458976.htm
>>

> They are about to go out of business.  Their figures for year before
> last compared to last year show something like an 85% reduction in net
> margin - they *only just* made a profit last year.
>
> This year, they're being held up by gifts from Microsoft, including from
> the vouchering scheme, and more recently a "settlement" of about $500
> million for Microsoft's attacks on Netware.  The odd thing is that if
> Novell had taken it to court, they could well have got themselves
> several billions, but decided not to do so.
>
> I'm not sure that Novell will be in business in two years time.

It will take longer. 1,100 people are bound to lose their job soon, according
to rumours.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 2  2007-10-30 19:49                   last=