Re: MS XSS

Doug Mentohl wrote:
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
Doug Mentohl wrote:
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

Which bits in msdn.microsoft.com detect Firefox and serve
up different code ? You know like the bits in Hotmail that
strip off the file type extension if you are not using
IExplore ..

It's the same code in FF as IE7.  I've compared the served
code ..

Can we see, not that I don't doubt your word .. :)

Same has happened in IE 6 about a week ago. I ended up doing a <CTRL-ALT-DEL>, bring up Task Manager and killing IE 6. This had to do with a deviant advertiser on http://www.m-w.com/ AKA Mirriam Webster dictionary site. Since then, it has been removed. (However, it breeched my trust with M-W.)

It was one of those "Click this to download" security checker. Yeah, right. Clicking on upper right hand "X" kept the nuisant dialogue box returning. I wasn't about to click the decline button.

Then I did the next best thing. I replaced the favourite with the UK Cambridge dictionary site, http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

That site has no nasties.  Problem solved.

--
HPT