[News] [SOT] BitTorrent Gets Thumbs Up in Print; Lobbyists Screw Swiss Citizens

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] BitTorrent Gets Thumbs Up in Print; Lobbyists Screw Swiss Citizens
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:00:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Major Metropolitan Dallas News tells its readers how to use BitTorrent to
share

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a feeling you've already jumped to conclusions, but this was a
| FAVORABLE article. That's correct a FAVORABLE article to the masses about
| BitTorrent.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005763

Why not? What about Linux? Is there something morally wrong with sharing? Must
it be assumed that all sharing is illegal? That YouTube is just "piracy"?

Swiss DMCA coming down -- 50,000 signatures needed to unmake it

,----[ Quote ]
| Who cares about about Swiss copyright laws? Nobody it seems, not even Swiss
| citizens.
|
| On the 5th of October 2007, the Swiss law makers adopted a new law to comply
| with the WIPO treaties. Thanks to the entertainment lobbies, apart from
| criminalizing DRM circumvention devices, you can now win a one year visit in
| jail if you share a copyrighted file on a P2P network.
|
| Did anybody hear about this new law ? No. Not even Swiss citizens. The media
| is quiet about this.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/11/28/swiss-dmca-coming-do.html

Illegalising DVD playback in Linux in more places? Is the 'retired' Billy
Gates /still/ going around the world lobbying for this?

Yesterday

Canada's coming DMCA will be the worst copyright yet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/11/27/canadas-coming-dmca.html