Re: [News] Microsoft's Linux Snub Can Cost It Business

"Erik Funkenbusch" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:obx61dw4fxhn$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:03:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Interview: Marten Mickos, CEO, MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| "With Microsoft, we meet them in smaller companies and where the competition | is happening at the operating system level. If they customer says they want
| one person on Linux, then you can't use SQL Server, of course.”
`----

http://www.mycustomer.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=133420&d=101&h=817&f=816

This is either an disadvantage to Microsoft or an illegal advantage. They lock
out competitors.

Uhh.. what?  He's not seriously pretending you can't have a Linux SQL
Server client, is he?  That will come as news to many people doing just
that.

You have to have something in the bag. For years and years they pretended that stored procedures and views weren't needed in a database since you could do it all in code in some business logic layer.