Daeron, Roy or Mark trying to hack accounts again. Beware!

  • Subject: Daeron, Roy or Mark trying to hack accounts again. Beware!
  • From: flatfish <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:02:18 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I just got this from Slashdot....Make sure and Whois the ip address.
Also take note of the Browser ID information....

You boys are not too smart are you?

Your new password is XXXXXXXXX  Your old password will still work
until this password is used.

 Go to the URL below to log in:

<http://slashdot.org/index.pl?op=userlogin&upasswd=XXXXXXXXXXXXchangeprefs>
(private information deleted)

Make sure you then CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!

<<<<<<READ THIS PART >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you have received this message without having requested it, it is
because someone attempted to use your username or e-mail address.  It
was mostly likely an innocent mistake, and they are not getting your
password, so you can safely disregard this message.

Thanks.

In case you get multiple emails you didn't request, the requester's IP
was 193.82.129.70.  Its user agent was
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a8) Gecko/2007"
(not that you should trust that value, but it might be interesting).
In case that's a properly-configured proxy,
the value of its X-Forwarded-For header was "193.82.129.70" --
but don't trust that value unless you know a reason to (we don't).