[News] Debian-based Internet Tablet Compared to Xandros Linux Laptop

  • Subject: [News] Debian-based Internet Tablet Compared to Xandros Linux Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:59:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Asus Eee 701 vs. Nokia N810 - Linux Fight!

,----[ Quote ]
| As for myself, I'm sticking with the N810 as my favorite "secondary"
| (non-phone) device. It fits my life much better than the Eee does. However, I
| am not one to turn away from a well-designed ultraportable. I'm going to have
| a good deal of fun with the Eee and enjoy it as my secondary home computer,
| but the N810 will get a lot more use out of the home.
`----

http://www.ultramobilegeek.com/2007/11/asus-eee-701-vs-nokia-n810-linux-fight.html

Where are the Vista-based palm-sized tablets which cost $300 and have over
30,000 applications?

Related:

Nokia N810: unboxing and first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| My shiny new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet was delivered yesterday. After
| fondling it for most of the day, I'm relatively impressed. The N810 is a bit
| smaller than the N800, which makes it more comfortable to use and easier to
| tote around in a pocket.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071123-nokia-n810-unboxing-and-first-impressions.html
http://tinyurl.com/238k6u

Laptops lookout - New Nokia N810 Internet Tablet hits store shelves

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia announced today that the new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet has begun
| shipping nationwide in the United States.  With a new slide-out keyboard,
| built-in GPS, digital audio/video playback and Wi-Fi capability for VoIP
| calling, the Nokia N810 provides the functionality of a traditional computer
| but all in one sleek, stylish and portable device.
`----

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1169511

Linux Internet tablets gain WiFi login agent

,----[ Quote ]
| Boingo Wireless Inc. has announced a free WiFi software agent for Nokia's
| Linux-based Internet tablets. The quick-connect agent is said to streamline
| logins at some 100,000-plus Boingo Mobile hotspots, for users of Nokia's N810
| or N800 running Tablet OS 2008.

Linux alternative to iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the N800 is open source, there are many third party applications which
| extend its usefulness and fun factor, such as:
|
| Pidgin - full-featured internet messaging client, with AIM, MSN, Yahoo and
| Jabber support
| Canola - media player with network streaming
| FBReader - e-book reader
| Claws Mail - full-featured email client
| Obscura Photo Manager
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/09/01/linux-alternative-to-iphone/

Asus Eee PC doing well

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that this holiday season the gPC is not the only mainstream Linux
| PC to get a lot of attention. The Asus Eee PC, a $400 laptop that runs a
| basic version of Linux, is sold out at Amazon and Best Buy, where it has
| received a 4.5/5 user rating at both places.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2007/11/24/asus-eee-pc-doing-well/

The Asus Eee Laptop Series Selling Off the Shelves World Wide

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.physorg.com/news115288648.html