Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

____/ Karen Hill on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

> X-No-Archive:yes
>
> Nicholas Negroponte and the OLPC association have been sued for patent
> infringement.  The US based Nigerian company claims that the OLPC
> association violates its patents on keyboard design.
>
> http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=796745

Hold on a second.

Nigerian Patent Infringement Lawsuit: Scam or Shame?

,----[ Quote ]
| After reading that story I went to look for the Nigerian Patent Office's
| website, unfortunately according to the WIPO (World Intellectual Property
| Organization) directory there's no such thing. Probing further I found that
| the Nigerian Industrial Property Offices use a @yahoo.com e-mail address.
| That was the point where I stopped my search for an online-version of Patent
| # RD8489 even though I would really liked to take a look at it!
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/hardware/keyboard/olpc_patent_infringement_scam.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Tasks: 148 total,   1 running, 147 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie