Re: [News] Californian School Buys 1000 Linux Laptops

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:27 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Keith Windsor
> <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:12:46 -0500
> <474db1e0$0$26284$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Reduced footprint, reduced power consumption, increased portability.
>>> The next generation of net terminals are portable, and bridge the gap
>>> between the mobile phone and the computer.
>>>
>>> The world is no longer remotely interested in high power-consumption,
>>> resource-hungry upgrade-treadmill-lock-in machinery.
>>>

>>> At this point, I'd also like to predict the death of the corporate
>>> intranet.
>>

>> -- "At this point, I'd also like to predict the death of the corporate
>> intranet."
>>
>> Oh look - yet another idiotic prediction.
>>

> I'm still waiting for the paperless office. :-P :-)  (That, and
> the death of Usenet.)

Usenet seems to be dying in the sense that people perceive it as "Google
Groups". Paperless office? Over here. For 4 years so far... :-)

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
         run-level 2  2007-10-30 19:49                   last=