[News] Jeff Goulf (Microsoft-affiliated-ish) Keeps Spreading Linux FUD

  • Subject: [News] Jeff Goulf (Microsoft-affiliated-ish) Keeps Spreading Linux FUD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:11:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
InterOp News proclaims: Linux Needs To Try Harder If It Wants To Catch Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| But, Jeff Gould, I argue that your entire premise for your article - that
| Linux’s “success” is to be measured purely on financial grounds - is a very
| shallow premise indeed. I repeat - You Just Don’t Get It.
`----

http://hackfud.net/2007/11/27/interop-news-proclaims-linux-needs-to-try-harder-if-it-wants-to-catch-vista/

Just like the trolls say (and 'analysts'). It's all about money, not presence.
Money, money, money. Microsoft likes comparisons that gauge overpriced
software and forced upgrades.

If you follow the links, you'll see that Jeff Gould has friends in Microsoft.
He provokes with links in LinuxToday and Slashdot. It's sad really.

Related:

NY Times bans Microsoft analysts from Microsoft stories

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/15/nytimes_ms_ban/

,----[ Quote ]
| (Microsoft manager:) I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on TCO on webservers. I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on availability (windows was down more than linux). And I don't like the
| fact that the reports says nothing new is coming with windows .net server.
|
| [...]
|
| I don't like it to be public on the doc that we sponsored it because I
| don't think the outcome is as favorable as we had hoped. I just don't like
| competitors using it as ammo against us. It is easier if it doesn't mention
| that we sponsored it.
`----

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/9000/PX09695.pdf

Microsoft's 'Get The Facts' Linux Site Replaced

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsofts_Get_The_Facts_Linux_Site_Replaced/1187900795#c945286