[News] Another Linxu FUD 'Study' Shattered to Pieces

  • Subject: [News] Another Linxu FUD 'Study' Shattered to Pieces
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:19:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Microsoft fact in Illinois

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=1012

More on Illinois

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=1013

| (Microsoft manager:) I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on TCO on webservers. I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on availability (windows was down more than linux). And I don't like the
| fact that the reports says nothing new is coming with windows .net server.
|
| [...]
|
| I don't like it to be public on the doc that we sponsored it because I
| don't think the outcome is as favorable as we had hoped. I just don't like
| competitors using it as ammo against us. It is easier if it doesn't mention
| that we sponsored it.
`----

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/9000/PX09695.pdf

Reviewing a Microsoft anti-Linux case study

,----[ Quote ]
| The answer is that neither Linux nor Solaris nor any other Unix variant is
| mentioned in this report; Microsoft simply hung an anti-Linux label on a
| very carefully worded story about a pair of committed Microsoft partners,
| HP and Accenture, getting together with Microsoft to sell rather simple
| technology to a willing customer - whose employers, I think, should be
| seriously embarrassed.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/index.php?p=739

Microsoft's 'Get The Facts' Linux Site Replaced

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsofts_Get_The_Facts_Linux_Site_Replaced/1187900795#c945286