[News] Novell Publishes Promotional SUSE Papers, Threatens VMWare Dominance

  • Subject: [News] Novell Publishes Promotional SUSE Papers, Threatens VMWare Dominance
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:38:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Novell Whitepapers encourage Open Source over Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell has released a bunch of whitepapers in support of Open Source
| technologies over Microsoft products, hardly a surprise really but at least
| Novell outlines in it's documents why such a move would benefit you or your
| IT department. It outlines how SUSE Linux is more cost effective over Windows
| Vista and how Open Office is a good alternative to the Microsoft Office
| suite, mainly because it is free and can do just about all that its rival has
| to offer.
`----

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/07/11/27/novell-whitepapers-encourage-open-source-over-microsoft

Storm Clouds Ahead For VMware

,----[ Quote ]
| At the same time, operating systems providers such as Novell began providing
| virtualization in their operating systems.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2007/11/26/vmware-virtualization-closer-markets-equity-cx_ra_1126markets43.html?feed=rss_markets

Related (expired):

Best Linux Marketing ToolKit. Unbending the truth. A must read!

Removed pages (from Novell's site):

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://openubuntu.blogspot.com/2006/11/best-linux-marketing-toolkit-unbending.html